Publish Date: March 2014
Author: CHAPS, MCHIP, PEPFAR
This six-part video series on voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) training is available through the World Health Organization’s Clearinghouse on Male Circumcision for HIV Prevention website. Produced by CHAPS, MCHIP and PEPFAR (the United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief), the videos highlight three country experiences in VMMC.
They were developed to:
- Serve as a good introduction for service providers to VMMC (evidence, impact, and recommendations);
- Outline the minimum package and client flow;
- Provide communication strategies (including demand creation);
- Train providers on the surgical procedure; and
- Introduce modeling for impact and efficiency.